Sunday, August 26, 2012

CELEBRATING THE ORDINARY: Day 1

I'm taking part in a one-week blogging challenge that was started by Marie over at Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer.

As Marie puts it, this challenge is "about celebrating the ordinary simple things we can sometimes take for granted each day. Will you join me in finding one thing each day to take a picture of to remind us of the simple ordinary pleasures in life?"

So of course I said YES! If you have a blog too, you can join in by posting your photo on your blog and then leaving a link at JBBC. If you don't have a blog, you can still participate; just go to Marie's Facebook page and upload your photo there. Marie will be posting everyone's photos on Facebook as well.


This little duck symbolizes the past two summers I've been physically and emotionally staying afloat while navigating the wonky waters of reconstruction. I've had to do a lot of wading (and waiting) while my body took the time it needed to heal. For the most part, I've been able to chill out with a smile; after all, I'm still here. Still swimming. Still enjoying the sunshine. So many others are not. 

I am a lucky duck.



10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Renn :) If I can come up with a picture, I will add it in;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture and very symbolic, too. You are courageous! We who are taking part of this challenge are really having fun with it, it seems. You are a lucky duck, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this image Renn. It was totally unexpected...but really speaks to me right now too. Also love your fresh new look to the blog. Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! And very appropriate! We're all lucky ducks, and how great that everyone is writing about that good fortune this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute this is, Renn. You are one lucky duck, for sure. Like Marie, I love the new look of your site. Very creative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pic & symbolism xoxo m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, one and all! I am a lucky duck indeed to have y'all in my world. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful picture - loving your take on this project, Duckie!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are encouraging — and encouraged!